Considering that we’re a day away from March, it is probably a bit late for a review of last year. But, since I found this in my drafts and find it helpful to refer back to, I’m publishing it now to motivate me to do even more in 2013.
I had a goal of finishing 10 quilts in 2012. I didn’t make it, but I’m happy with the ones I did finish.
- 1812 Quilt Challenge Quilt
- Tula Does Up the Walls in Pah-ree
- Tula Leftovers
- Ruffled Baby Quilt
- Impressions Baby Quilt
- 4 Cuddle Quilts from 1 Jelly Roll (I’m counting these as one, but if you count them individually, that is 10 for the year!)
Sartorial and Costume Projects
I finished some things to be worn. Not all for me.
- A Wrap Skirt for Thomas Knauer
- A Tunic/Dress for me
- An 1812 Ensemble which I still haven’t photographed or blogged about
I made quite a few small projects. Here’re some of my favorites.
- Vera Bradley-inspired Bag
- A Pair of Pillows
- A Bra Challenge
- Countless more Simplicity 2613 stuffed animals
Samplers, Meetups, and Exchanges
I participated in some swaps and samplers that will go on into 2013, as well as a monthly EPP sit-and-stitch.
Fails and Projects I Got Bored With or Ignored For Too Long
These are my guilty secrets. The projects that I started and then just stopped for some reason or other (generally to work on something else). These are my goals for 2013.
- 2011: Miniatures Heart Nine-Patch—I haven’t touched for two years.
- 2011: Organic Spins—I made some progress, but I want to finish it by this September. I have everything I need, I just need to finish appliqueing and quilting.
- 2011: Drunkard’s Compass—needs a lot of work.
- 2012: Witches’ Bubble Brew—is partially pieced, but needs a lot of applique.
- 2012: Double Wedding Ring—is not going to be a DWR, but I do want to finish something with the rings that are complete and the remaining fabric.
- 2012: The Steampunk Costume—is never going to be finished with the original plan, but I’d like to do something with all of it.
I wish I could say I am going to focus on finishing up those fails and boring projects instead of starting new projects in 2013, but that would be a huge lie, knowing myself.
I just shipped off a quilt started and finished this year, and have another brand new top completed. I also started a new sampler, a new SYWTQ group project, and have already failed at completing a Tiramisu during the sew-along.
However, I do resolve to finish at least one quilt top before starting anything new after quilting the aforementioned top. And I resolve to finish Organic Spins before my guild’s show in September.
There. It’s in writing. Now to start doing it.