I’ve been working on a handful of projects at one time lately, so I haven’t finished anything, but there has been progress in my sewing room in the past couple of weeks.
First, I tried a second technique for Cathedral Window (the quilt-as-you-go one that doesn’t require batting or backing). I’m not a big fan. It’s just fiddly in a way that doesn’t inspire me. Now I have to figure out something to do with this odd little rectangular orphan:
Then I whipped up Simplicity 2613 again for yet another of Carl’s coworker’s forthcoming little humans (seriously, something in the water there, I tell ya):
And I am back to hand-appliqueing pinwheels for Organic Spins (since Carl’s racing season has started up again, I have blocks of time on weekends to work on it):
For Ms. Babbage, I’ve completed a corset mockup with a few bones, and an unhemmed divided skirt with a basted-on waistband for fitting. Based on what my ruler tells me, they both should fit okay.
I had settled on an underbust corset, but I went ahead and mocked up the mid-bust pattern as-is. I want to see how it fits C&K in the bust, and then might cut it down in person, as I didn’t have them give me bust-waist and waist-hip measurements anyhow.
Now it’s time to pack those two up, as we leave Thursday for Missouri. I hope they fit C&K without too much fiddling. Things will be quiet around here the next two weeks, since there’s a lot of packing to do and then, of course, the traveling. I hope to make more progress on Organic Spins on the long drive, though, and once I’m back, I’ll be diving back into the costume full force, along with another quilt project or two (not to mention the current ones in progress…)!