A Long-term Scrap Project
I’ve tried to keep a 2.5″ square of most fabrics from each quilt project I’ve done. This week, I finally decided on a layout for a meta-history quilt of my quilting journey and started piecing together some of the blocks.
So far, I have a block for the first eight quilts I made (2010-2011), and one for the quilt I need to baste and quilt this month.
The eight early quilts represented:
- The Baby Quilt
- The Bargello Quilt
- Wingéd Whirling
- Mother’s Day Quilt
- Kaite’s Damask Quilt
- Lollipop Quilt
- Froggy Synchronized Squares
- Star of Bethlehem
I’ve filled in with Cloud9 Limestone Cirrus where I didn’t have enough fabric scraps for a project.
I’m considering doing this as quilt as you go row-by-row, but am not decided. I’m looking forward to watching it grow.
One Response to “A Long-term Scrap Project”
9:22 am | 01/06/16
Love this idea! By the way your War of 1812 quilt is headed to the National Parks Service in New Orleans next week for exhibit through April!