From #lovewins to the passage of North Carolina’s HB2 and similar proposed bills across the nation (if there’s any question, I celebrated the former and decry the latter), discrimination based on how we label ourselves and each other has been on my mind daily in the past year (coincidentally the span of time from this quilt’s conceptualization to completion).
- Rachael Arnold
- South Burlington, VT
- Front: Alison Glass Handcrafted 2, Alison Glass Sun Print, Alexia Abegg Paper Bandana, Momo Linen Mochi Dot, Rashida Coleman-Hale Zephyr. Back: cream linen, Kaufman Manchester Yarn Dyed Charcoal, Kaufman Interweave Chambray Black, Kaufman Manchester Yarn Dyed Steel, Kaffe Fasset Collective Shot Cotton Latte, Kaffe Fasset Collective Shot Cotton Artemisia, Cotton & Steel Solids Silver, Kaffe Fasset Collective Shot Cotton Steel, Kaufman Manchester Yarn Dyed Pepper, Kaufman Essex Yarn Dyed Linen Blend Black, Cloud9 Cirrus Solids Ash. Binding: Cotton & Steel Black & White Plus Signs
- Quilter’s Dream Cotton (Request)
- Machine, straight-line, Gutterman Cotton, Gutterman Poly, Aurifil 50wt
- Straight-edge, mitered, 2.5″ strips. Machine finished.
- September 2015–April 2016